A Message from Mr. Alberta
Student safety is of prime importance to all of us. Your understanding and cooperation with our morning/afternoon procedures are essential to ensure your child’s safe arrival at school.
The Rochelle Park School District has made changes to the Midland School traffic flow for the 2022-2023. Please note the parking lot entrance and exit have been reversed. Traffic will now enter the Midland School parking lot using the northernmost entrance (former exit) and exit the parking lot using the southernmost entrance (former entrance).
Please note the following regarding student Arrival/Drop Off.
- Students are not to arrive at school before 8:05 a.m. unless your child participates in the Morning Breakfast Program or is registered for the Before Care Program.
- Those driving children to school are asked to use the designated drop-off lane adjacent to the side of the school - not the general parking area - to drop off students.
- Be sure that children are ready to exit your vehicle.
- Students should exit on the LEFT side of the vehicle only.
- If you choose to park and walk your child up to the school, please utilize our new designated Visitor Parking Area (former basketball courts) or the William Street parking spaces. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN NUMBERED STAFF PARKING SPACES.
- Please drive slowly, use extra caution, and exercise patience when dropping off children.
All students will enter school starting at 8:20am.
In the event of inclement weather, students will be permitted to enter school starting at 8:10am.
Students are to report to the appropriate entrance for their grade and assemble in their respective areas.
Typical Assemble Area/Entrance
Inclement Weather Assembly Area/Entrance
Pre-K and Kindergarten
Will assemble and enter using the rear cafeteria entrance
Will enter using the rear cafeteria entrance and assemble in the cafeteria
Will assemble and enter using the main Rochelle Avenue entrance
Will enter using the main Rochelle Ave entrance and assemble in the cafeteria
Will assemble and enter using the courtyard/gym door entrance
Will enter using the courtyard/gym door entrance and assemble in the gym
- Pre-K through Grade 5: Teachers will escort their classes to the appropriate door at the time of dismissal. Parents who are meeting their children must wait outside for the students.
- Grades 6, 7, 8: Students will exit the parking lot door at the end of the main hallway.
- Teacher supervision is provided near the parking lot door and in the parking lot until 3:10 p.m.
- Students may exit only; they are not to allow people back into the building. All visitors wishing to enter the building must ring the bell at the main front entrance and then sign in at the main office as per policy.
- As we continue with our 1:1 Chromebook initiative for students in grades 5-8, families will be required to submit their annual user fee. Personal devices (Chromebooks, Laptops, iPads) will not be permitted. Families in grades 5-8 will be receiving a separate communication with the PaySchools link for their Chromebooks.
- Students in grades Pre K – 4 will have access to devices (Chromebooks, iPads) during the school day, as classrooms will be outfitted with devices for each student.