NATIONAL JUNIOR HONOR SOCIETY
Available to Grades: Grade 7-8
Purpose of Activity:
Brief description of activities in which students participate:
- To create enthusiasm for academic excellence.
- To stimulate a desire to render service.
- To promote leadership.
- To develop character.
- To encourage citizenship in the students of Midland School.
- Conduct business meetings according to Robert's Rules of Order.
- Take part in multi-town leadership conference.
- Tutoring of other students at Midland.
- Assisting in Homework Club.
- Assisting at Awards Assembly & Graduation (Gr. 7 members).
- Assisting faculty members as after school aides.
- Other service projects for school and community.
Expected student outcomes:
Students will become better citizens in both school and community.